In the recent years tennis has become more popular around the world. It’s no coincidence that the attention towards tennis tournaments started to grow when the winnings from this sport also got bigger. When there is a lot of money involved the general interest grows and the curiosity is aroused.
Is no doubt that Steffi Graf, Williams sisters or Sharapova are among the most famous female tennis players of all times, but we wonder who are the top richest of all times.
Here you have the top 10 richest female tennis players with their net worth.
1. Serena Williams has a net worth of $130 million, of which $66 million were solely from prize money. She currently ranks No 1 in WTA and won 65 WTA titles in singles and another 22 in doubles.
2. Maria Sharapova has a net worth of $90 million. She earned $34 million in prize money and won 34 WTA and 4 ITF titles. She is still active.
3. Venus Williams has a net worth of $75 million. With 46 career titles won in singles and 21 titles won in doubles, Venus earned about $30 million only in prize money and is still playing.
4. Anna Kournikova: net worth $50 million. Retired in 2007 Kournikova earned only $3.5 million prize money in her tennis career. She won 16 WTA titles.
5. Kim Clijsters: net worth $39 million. With $24.4 million in prize money, Clijsters ended her career in September 2012. She has 41 singles titles and 11 double titles.
6. Li Na: net worth $40 million. She retired in September 2014, after winning a total of $16.7 million in prize money. She has 9 WTA and 19 ITF career titles.
7. Steffi Graf: net worth $30 million. She won 107 titles and earned $21.8 million in prize money. Retired from activity in 1999.
8. Martina Hingis: net worth $25 million. Hingis cashed in as prize money over $ 20 million in her career. She won 43 WTA and 2 ITF titles in singles and 42 WTA and one ITF title in doubles. She retired from singes and she is currently playing in doubles.
9. Caroline Wozniacki: net worth $20 million. With only 23 career titles won, she cashed in $ 19.6 million. She is still active.
10. Lindsay Davenport: net worth $20 million. She won 55 titles and earned about $22 million in prize money. She is unofficially retired since 2010.