During long winter days we all want to linger on the living room couch in a cozy atmosphere but our body needs some exercise. It’s healthy to do sports even if you are constrained to stay indoor due to bad weather. That is why many of the indoor sports were actually created a long time ago. Besides their benefic contribution to the health of the practitioners we must admit that indoor sports are also fun and entertaining for the ones that just sit and watch.
The top ten indoor sports are:
1. Basketball – is one of the newest sports and was created for indoor exercise during bad weather. Basketball is one of the most popular sports and attracts a lot of spectators.
2. Ice hockey – is very popular especially in Northern countries where is considered a national sport.
3. Bowling – is the most popular family sport worldwide. It’s good for staying in shape and as entertaining activity.
4. Table tennis – also known as ping pong, is the most popular sport in Asia, many of the world champions being Asian.
5. Handball – there are many variations of handball games but the most popular is team handball.
6. Volleyball – developed as an indoor sport, volleyball is a combination of tennis and handball.
7. Indoor soccer – it can be considered the smaller version of soccer and is played mostly in schools.
8. Skating – roller skating or ice skating are very popular especially among the youngsters.
9. Swimming – is considered one of the most complete exercises that an individual could do to stay in shape.
10. Combat sports – boxing is the most popular contact sport worldwide but kickboxing, wrestling and martial arts are also much appreciated.
With just a quick glance over this list of indoor sports we can safely conclude that even in the dreary days we have good alternatives for covering both, exercising and entertainment.