In the first part of this top ten we already went through some great names of soccer. As mentioned before the ten players of this top are all equally valuable for the history of football so they are ordered in chronological order.
As main selection criteria we used individual achievements, titles won with the team and the entire football career.
The most recent top soccer players that delighted us with their extraordinary skills include:
– Johann Cruyff: was awarded three times with Ballon d’Or trophy in 1971, 1973 and 1974. He is considered the greatest Dutch player of all time. After retiring he became a successful manager for Ajax, Barcelona and now is the manager of Catalan national team.
– Eusebio (Eusebio da Silva Ferreira): the Portuguese forward born in Mozambique is considered the Eurpean Pele. He scored nine goals at the 1966 World Cup tournament helping Portugal to finish on the third place. In 745 matches he scored 733 goals.
– Michael Platini: he is rightly considered the best ever midfielder in Europe. He holds the record for the most goals scored at the European Championship with nine goals scored in 1984. Currently Platini is the president of UEFA.
– Zinedine Zidane: won three times the title World Player of the Year in 1998, 2000 and 2003. Zidane also won Ballon d’Or in 1998 and the Golden Ball as a captain at the 2006 World Cup Final.
– Ronaldo (Ronaldo Luiz Nazario da Lima): he was awarded Ballon d’Or two times, in 1997 and 2002, and won the Player of the Year award three times. He holds the record for the most goals scored at the World Cup with 15 goals.
Choosing only ten soccer players was extremely hard and the final list is submitted to subjectivity. No doubt there are many other exceptional players that also deserved a place in the top ten.